Skip to main content

Records of American Institute of Chemical Engineers (AIChE) Lehigh Valley Chapter

 Collection
Identifier: SC MS 0339.MS
The content of the collection is primarily correspondence, but does include a block stamp of the Chemical Engineers Club of the Lehigh Valley, a slide presentation from the 75th anniversary and four black and white photographs measuring 8" x 10" glossies. Some By-laws and outdated computer mailing lists are also included and institute brochures.

Dates

  • 1957-1985

Creator

Language of Materials

English

Access Restrictions

Access Restrictions: Collection housed remotely. Users need to contact 24 hours in advance.

Use Restrictions

Collection is open for research.
Copyright Notice Please inquire about copyright information.

Extent

3 Linear Feet (6 boxes)

Overview

A collection of correspondence and other documents outlining the activities of the Lehigh Valley section of the American Institute of Chemical Engineers and the activities of the organization's 75th Anniversary as celebrated by the Lehigh Valley section in the form of a slide presentation. A brief history of the creation of the Lehigh Valley Section of the AIChE is also included among the correspondence.

Biographical / Historical

William J. "Bill" Berry obtained his Master degree in Chemical Engineering from Lehigh University in the Class of 1985. During the time Mr. Berry assembled this collection, he worked for Fuller Company in Catasauqua, Pennsylvania. He retired from Essroc Cement Corporation. Mr. Berry indicated when he gave the collection to Special Collections that he inherited some of the early files of the collection in his capacity as a secretary of the Lehigh Valley Section of the AIChE which he assumed in June 1980 while he worked for Fuller Company. The AIChE was founded in 1908 but the Lehigh Valley section was established in 1957 as a result of Professor Leonard A. Wetzel's foresight. The 75th (Diamond Jubilee) Anniversary of AIChE was noted nationally in 1983. In the early years of the collection the organization was known as the Chemical Engineers Club of the Lehigh Valley. By 1960 the name changed to AIChE Lehigh Valley Section. The purpose of the Lehigh Valley Section of the American Institute of Chemical Engineers was to stimulate the thinking, learn more valuable technical information, get together with fellow engineers to understand their problems and perhaps help to solve these problems and advance the profession of Chemical Engineering. The Lehigh Valley Section was located at Lehigh University.

Arrangement

The files are chronologically ordered within six archival boxes.

Acquisition Information

Donated by Karen and William "Bill" Berry September 15, 2017.
Title
Records of American Institute of Chemical Engineers (AIChE) Lehigh Valley Chapter
Status
completed
Author
Eleanor Nothelfer.
Description rules
Describing Archives: A Content Standard
Language of description
English.
Sponsor
Lehigh University Library and Technology Services.

Repository Details

Part of the Lehigh University Special Collections Repository

Contact:
Lehigh University
Linderman Library
30 Library Drive
Bethlehem PA 18045 USA
610-758-4506
610-758-6091 (Fax)