Estate documents of Harry E. Packer
Scope and Contents
Contains Harry E. Packer's will, other legal papers, vouchers, correspondence, cancelled checks, etc. connected with the settlement of his estate. Harry, son of Asa and Sarah Packer, died in 1884, but his estate was tied-in with the long term settlement of his father's estate for many years as well as his siblings.
- Packer, Harry E., 1850-1884 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection housed remotely. Users need to contact 24 hours in advance.
Conditions Governing Use
Collection is open for research.
Biographical / Historical
Harry E. Packer was born in 1850 and was the youngest son of Asa and Sarah Packer. He attended Lehigh University, Class of 1870. In 1872 he married Mary Augusta Lockhart. He held the position as director of the Lehigh Valley Railroad Company and was an associate judge for Carbon County in 1882. He died in February 1884 at the age of 34 of internal bleeding. His wife, M. Augusta Packer, had many dealings on behalf of the Estate of her husband. Much of the material contained in this collection reflects her dealings with the Estate of Harry E. Packer, the Asa Packer Estate and her sister-in-law, Mary Hannah Packer Cummings.
1 Linear Feet (2 manuscript boxes)
Language of Materials
This collection contains material relating to the settlement of Harry Packer's estate, which was tied in with the settlement of Asa Packer's estate. He was the youngest son of Asa Packer, founder of Lehigh University.
Materials in this collection are arranged chronologically when possible.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
- Barber, Laird H.
- Bethlehem (Pa.)
- Bispham, George Tucker, 1838-1906
- Bowman's Creek Land & Lumbering Company
- Buffalo, Rochester, and Pittsburgh Railway Company
- Cayuta Manufacturing Company
- Chateaugay Ore & Iron Company
- Cummings, Chas. H.
- Cummings, Mary Hannah Packer, 1839-1912
- Dickson, Beitler & McCouch Law Offices
- Drinker, Henry S. (Henry Sturgis), 1850-1937
- E. P. Wilbur Bank & Trust Company
- E.P. Wilbur Trust Company
- Eaton & Glover Company
- Estates (Law)
- Girard Trust Company
- Gummere, R. Morris
- Lamberton, Robert Alexander, 1824-1893
- Legal documents
- Linderman Skeer Company
- London Mine Company
- Mauch Chunk (Pa.)
- National Car Wheel Company
- New York (N.Y.)
- Packard, James Ward, 1863-1928
- Packer, Asa, 1805-1879
- People’s Telephone & Telegraph Company
- Philadelphia (Pa.)
- Rochester Coal Company
- Sayre Land Company
- Sayre Stamping Company
- Sayre Water Company
- Union Bank and Trust Company of Bethlehem, Pa.
- Vouchers (sales records)
- Wilbur, E. P. (Elisha Packer), 1833-1910
- Wyoming -- Carbon County
- stock certificates
- Estate documents of Harry E. Packer
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
Part of the Lehigh University Special Collections Repository
30 Library Drive
Bethlehem PA 18045 USA