Education Term Projects, Graduate School of Education, 1948-1960
Scope and Contents of the Collection
151 titles of education term papers submitted from 1948 to 1960. Most of the titles are about the K-12 schools and the pupils of the Lehigh Valley.
Collection housed remotely. Users need to contact 24 hours in advance.
Collection is open for research.
Please inquire about copyright information.
Lehigh University began its commitment to the study of education as early as the 19th century. A separate department including education was created in 1907. The study of education at the graduate level was added to Lehigh by 1911. As the years went on, Lehigh University continued to add more opportunities for pursuing the study of education for both undergraduates and graduates. An autonomous graduate school of education was established in 1966 and the programs received national accreditation in 1967. In 1986, the graduate school of education was changed to the present College of Education.
For Further information, in the Lehigh University Special Collections History Resources, an extended History of the College of Education is provided.
10 Linear Feet (5 boxes, 151 items)
Language of Materials
Collection term projects in education submitted from 1948 to 1960 to the Graduate School of Education. The school became autonomous in 1966 and finally became the College of Education in 1986.
Arrangement of the Collection
The collection is arranged alphabetically by the author's last name.
Transferred from the College of Education
- William Ying
- March 25, 2013
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script