Varsity and Intramural Sports Files
Scope and Contents
(1) Complete lists of Varsity Sports Awards from the 1930s through 1970.
(2) Correspondence, office files and lists of winners at the annual Flagpole Day ceremonies from 1953-1977 (including the Student Recognition Dinners begun in 1971.) Flagpole Day was a ceremony held each May honoring high achievers in varsity Sports and Intramurals as well as student leaders, and some honorary society members. Many memorial awards were presented by their sponsors.
(3) Intramural records, files, office correspondence and program material from 1975 - 1978.
(4) Car Rallye material from 1971-1976 (not complete)
(5) Various Intramural Office files 1940s to 1970s (see boxes 11-15)
(6) Small pictures of the larger pictures of the varsity sports teams in Taylor Gym were also included: the prints are all individually catalogued with the Lehigh Photographs.
- 1930 - 1980
- Steckbeck, John S (Person)
Biographical / Historical
John Steckbeck was in charge of intramural athletics at Lehigh University from 1973 to 1979, and served in this position for 21 years.
6 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
Includes office files, correspondence, and lists of award winners from the Sports Office of Lehigh University from 1930-1980. Sports award winners are complete from 1939-1970. Flagpole Day Ceremony awards are complete from 1958-1977. Intramural files are primarily from the 1960s and 1970s. Also included is material from Car Rallyes, Turkey Trots, Emery Relay programs, and Beta Theta Pi Fraternity (Mr. Steckbeck was faculty advisor).
The material in this collection is arranged by format, then chronologically.
Small pictures of the larger pictures of the varsity sports teams in Taylor Gym were also included: the prints are all individually catalogued with the Lehigh Photographs.
- Varsity and Intramural Sports Files
- Special Collections Staff
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Lehigh University Special Collections Repository
30 Library Drive
Bethlehem PA 18045 USA