Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Identifier: SC MS 0186
Farmersville Church (currently known as St. John’s Farmersville Church, Easton, Pennsylvania) record book that contains information in several handwritings on weddings, baptisms, funerals for the year of 1877.
Identifier: SC MS 0157
Abstract A manuscript notebook and sketchbook attributed to Philip (Phillip) Schopp (1828-1893), a German immigrant who was a member of the 75th Pennsylvania Volunteers Regiment in the American Civil War serving first as a Captain and later promoted to Colonel before being discharged in 1862. The notebook contains many superb illustrations mostly from the Schuylkill Navigation System, the Union Canal, and a few from the Louisville-Portland Canal. The drawings and notations reflect a career as a...
Identifier: SC MS 0201
Abstract This manuscript is a set of class notes presumed taken by a student (R. Nachwitz?) attending lectures by Professors Schneider and Karl Ludwig Meissner on Civil Engineering topics given at the Collegium Carolinum in Braunschweig, Germany during 1849-50. Topics covered in technical mechanics included effect of friction, strength of materials, mechanics of gear teeth, analysis of fire hoses and nozzles, vibration in structures. The general topic of “Baukunst” (Art of Building/ Architecture)...
- Architecture 1
- Canals -- Pennsylvania 1
- Church records and registers—Pennsylvania—Easton. 1
- Churches, Protestant—Easton (Pa.) 1
- Civil Engineering - structures 1
- Covered bridges – Pennsylvania. 1
- Easton (Pa.)--Genealogy 1
- Germany – Braunschweig, Saxony 1
- Mechanics 1
- Sketchbooks 1
- Wooden bridges – Pennsylvania. 1 ∧ less
- Bieber, Irwin W., 1847-1909 1
- Collegium Carolinum - Braunschweig 1
- Farmersville Church 1
- Lebanon Valley Railroad Company. 1
- Louisville and Portland Canal Company 1