Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Identifier: SC Photo-0017
Overview The collection of photographs is a nostalgic look at fraternity life in the 1950s. Possibly it was composed and presented on the occasion of the retirement of the gentleman to whom the album is dedicated – Willie Johnson. Mr. Johnson was an African American who lived on the premises of the Beta House at least until the mid 1960s employed as general factotum.
Identifier: SC MS 0086
Overview This collection contains materials relating to Lehigh alumnus and benefactor Charles L. Taylor and the construction of Taylor Gymnasium and Taylor Hall, along with articles regarding his personal life and his relations with Andrew Carnegie.
Identifier: SC MS 0068
Overview Collection of correspondence, photographs, newspaper clippings gathered by J. Mark Frey, related to Lehigh University, Lehigh YMCA, Chinese students, Bethlehem Bach Choir and Bethlehem Steel Corporation. Frey was the secretary of Lehigh YMCA and involved with Americanization and naturalization classes for Bethlehem Steel’s immigrant workers and an enthusiast of the Bethlehem Bach Choir. The collection provides a valuable picture of one employee’s life at Lehigh University in the...
- Bach Choir of Bethlehem (Bethlehem, Pa.) 1
- Beta Chi Beta Fraternity 1
- Bethlehem Steel Corporation 1
- Carnegie, Andrew, 1835-1919 1
- Drinker, Henry S. (Henry Sturgis), 1850-1937 1
- Frey, J. Mark (Jacob Mark) 1
- Frey, Mariam Dum 1
- Lehigh University 1
- Lehigh University. Alumni Assocation. 1
- Lehigh University. Class of 1876 1
- Lehigh University. Trustees 1
- Taylor, Charles L. 1
- Tiley, Nancy A. 1
- U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services 1
- Young Men's Christian Association (Lehigh University) 1 ∧ less