Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Documents and photographs relating to Lehigh University Physics faculty member, Dr. Cassius W. Curtis. This collection includes his research in the field of atomic spectroscopy; his contribution to war research for fundamental studies for the U.S. Army on the dynamic behavior of metals relating to ballistics; correspondence relating to his research.
Lester Bernstein graduated from Lehigh University in 1904 with a degree in Civil Engineering. Bernstein, the Civil Engineering Society Treasurer and President, was awarded the Civil Engineering Society Prize in 1902-03. The collection consists of a Physical Laboratory Notebook from his second semester freshman year (Feb. 1901 – Jun. 1901). This notebook includes experiments on the study of thermal expansion, use of a barometer and the study of the principles of movement.
- Subject: Lehigh University. Dept. of Physics. X
- Ballistics 1
- Lead--Analysis. 1
- Lehigh University--Faculty 1
- Lehigh University--Students 1
- Mechanics 1
- Bernstein, Lester. 1
- Case Western Reserve University 1
- Lester Bernstein (ca. 1881-1965) 1
- Princeton University 1
- United States. Council of National Defense. National Defense Research Committee 1