Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
Identifier: SC Photo-0029
Overview Twelve glass plate negative photographs of Lehigh campus buildings, both interior and exterior views circa 1898. The photographer and the donor collectively represent an extensive Lehigh family spanning two centuries.
Identifier: SC MS 0145
Overview James D. Mack was Lehigh University Librarian from 1948(?) to 1976. Mr. Mack graduated from Lehigh Class of 1938. He was hired by University Librarian Howard S. Leach in 1946 as his assistant. Leach died two years later. In the early 1960’s Mack had his title changed to Library Director. He retired in 1976 and became Rare Book Curator. As Director he was succeeded by Berry G. Richards and as Rare Book curator Daniel Traister succeeded him. Eventually Philip Metzger succeeded Daniel...
Identifier: SC MS 0009
Overview Letters written mostly to and from the president of Lehigh University, Charles Russ Richards, and the librarian, Howard Seavoy Leach, concerning all aspects of library business.
Identifier: SC MS 0003
Overview This collection includes letters written to the office of the President (some to the Secretary of the Faculty or the Registrar) between 1866 and 1921. These letters cover many aspects of "Life as President of Lehigh". Also included are sixty one "Letter Books" with the replies from the President in chronological order from 1878 to 1920.
Identifier: SC MS 0285
Overview In 1963, Lehigh University decided to have another library for its growing collections. The Science and Engineering library became one of the largest building projects of Lehigh that cost over $1 million. This collection includes plans and specifications, floor plans, sketches, furniture specifications, architectural notes and other correspondences as well as proposals from building and construction firms. Also includes the dedication files, speeches, thank you letters to and from Library...
Identifier: SC MS 0116
Overview Records on Robert B. Honeyman Gifts to Lehigh University Library (1924-1978) contain items relating to Honeyman’s collection of rare books and manuscripts and his gift of part of that collection to his alma mater Lehigh University. These records include correspondence, primarily with Lehigh librarians Howard Seavoy Leach and James D. Mack, inventory and appraisal lists, and receipts for purchases from international antiquarian book dealers.
- Subject: Libraries X
- Lehigh University. Library 3
- Mack, James D. (James Decker), 1916- 3
- Honeyman, Robert B. 2
- Leach, Howard Seavoy, 1887-1948 2
- Lehigh University 2
- Barney, Jerome 1
- Cady, Susan A. 1
- Coppée, Henry, 1821-1895 1
- Coxe, Eckley B. (Eckley Brinton), 1839-1895 1
- Drinker, Henry S. (Henry Sturgis), 1850-1937 1
- Eleutherian Mills Historical Library 1
- Emery, Natt M. (Natt Morrill), 1873-1935 1
- Estes, William L. (William Lawrence), 1855-1940 1
- Franklin, William S. (William Suddards), 1863-1930 1
- Gravez, Clara 1
- Green, David 1
- Green, Jeannette 1
- Horne, Frederick Roland 1
- Horne, George Augustus 1
- Lamberton, Robert Alexander, 1824-1893 1
- Lehigh University. Libraries 1
- Lehigh University. Library. Rare Book Room 1
- Mart Science and Engineering Library 1
- Mart, Leon T. 1
- McKay, Elizabeth Wolle 1
- Metzger, Philip A. (Philip Allen), 1944- 1
- Numbers, Robert Warren (Class of 1950) 1
- Raynor, Georgia 1
- Richards, Berry Gargel 1
- Richards, Charles R. (Charles Russ Richards) 1
- Staples, W L 1
- Traister, Daniel 1
- Walker O. Cain & Associates (Past: Steinmann and Cain) 1
- Wolle Family 1 ∧ less