Showing Collections: 1 - 8 of 8
Identifier: SC Photo-0017
Overview The collection of photographs is a nostalgic look at fraternity life in the 1950s. Possibly it was composed and presented on the occasion of the retirement of the gentleman to whom the album is dedicated – Willie Johnson. Mr. Johnson was an African American who lived on the premises of the Beta House at least until the mid 1960s employed as general factotum.
Identifier: SC Photo-0029
Overview Twelve glass plate negative photographs of Lehigh campus buildings, both interior and exterior views circa 1898. The photographer and the donor collectively represent an extensive Lehigh family spanning two centuries.
Identifier: SC Photo-0030
Overview A collection of turn of the late 19th century photographs from Lehigh alumnus Harry J. Atticks, Class of 1893. Most of photographs are depict Lehigh University buildings and grounds.
Identifier: SC MS 0145
Overview James D. Mack was Lehigh University Librarian from 1948(?) to 1976. Mr. Mack graduated from Lehigh Class of 1938. He was hired by University Librarian Howard S. Leach in 1946 as his assistant. Leach died two years later. In the early 1960’s Mack had his title changed to Library Director. He retired in 1976 and became Rare Book Curator. As Director he was succeeded by Berry G. Richards and as Rare Book curator Daniel Traister succeeded him. Eventually Philip Metzger succeeded Daniel...
Identifier: SC MS 0229
Overview This collection contains financial records, statements, ledgers, checkbooks, register of students, faculty salaries, building expenses and other materials from the administrative offices and various departments of Lehigh University, from 1866 to 1935 (not complete). See also other Lehigh University archive collections for more information.
Identifier: SC MS 0009
Overview Letters written mostly to and from the president of Lehigh University, Charles Russ Richards, and the librarian, Howard Seavoy Leach, concerning all aspects of library business.
Identifier: SC MS 0003
Overview This collection includes letters written to the office of the President (some to the Secretary of the Faculty or the Registrar) between 1866 and 1921. These letters cover many aspects of "Life as President of Lehigh". Also included are sixty one "Letter Books" with the replies from the President in chronological order from 1878 to 1920.
Identifier: SC MS 0370
Overview Collection of fundraising related documents compiled by development officer Susan Vengrove about her involvement with specifically Zoellner Arts Center (1997) and the renovation of Linderman Library (2005-2007) at Lehigh University.
- Subject: Linderman Library X
- Lehigh University 3
- Lehigh University. Library 3
- Atticks, Harry Jacob, 1867-1949 1
- Beta Chi Beta Fraternity 1
- Cady, Susan A. 1
- Carpenter, Aaron Beaumont 1
- Cooke, Frank Leslie 1
- Coppée, Henry, 1821-1895 1
- Coxe, Eckley B. (Eckley Brinton), 1839-1895 1
- Drinker, Henry S. (Henry Sturgis), 1850-1937 1
- Eleutherian Mills Historical Library 1
- Emery, Natt M. (Natt Morrill), 1873-1935 1
- Estes, William L. (William Lawrence), 1855-1940 1
- Franklin, William S. (William Suddards), 1863-1930 1
- Green, David 1
- Green, Jeannette 1
- Honeyman, Robert B. 1
- Horne, Frederick Roland 1
- Horne, George Augustus 1
- Lamberton, Robert Alexander, 1824-1893 1
- Leach, Howard Seavoy, 1887-1948 1
- Lehigh University. Development and Alumni Relations 1
- Mack, James D. (James Decker), 1916- 1
- McKay, Elizabeth Wolle 1
- Metzger, Philip A. (Philip Allen), 1944- 1
- Morgan, Charles Howard 1
- Raynor, Georgia 1
- Richards, Berry Gargel 1
- Richards, Charles R. (Charles Russ Richards) 1
- Traister, Daniel 1
- Vengrove, Susan 1
- Wolle Family 1 ∧ less