Fritz Engineering Laboratory.
Found in 7 Collections and/or Records:
In 1955 Fritz Engineering Laboratory, originally built by John Fritz in 1909-1910, dedicated a new seven-story addition known as the new Fritz Laboratory. From that time on there was a systematic filing of research reports. Before this date the research reports in Fritz Laboratory were not designated systematically. This collection of manuscripts was produced or collected by faculty prior to 1955.
This collection includes letters written to the office of the President (some to the Secretary of the Faculty or the Registrar) between 1866 and 1921. These letters cover many aspects of "Life as President of Lehigh". Also included are sixty one "Letter Books" with the replies from the President in chronological order from 1878 to 1920.
Typescripts of speeches, many with additional penciled-in notes, given by Dr. Drinker as president of Lehigh University, as president of the American Forestry Association, and as a supporter of war preparedness and the Student Army Training Corps movement.
This collection contains material regarding John Fritz’s early life and his professional career later on. It also includes miscellaneous material relevant to his life.