Fritz Engineering Laboratory Civil Engineering Research Documents 1925-1955
Scope and Contents of the Collection
The collection contains assorted reports of curiosity that had been previously located in the Fritz Engineering Laboratory Library. The reports apparently were acquired by various professors and department heads before there was a formal library. The Fritz Lab Library was included in the plans for the new extension of the laboratory (1954-1955) and located in Room 601 of the seven- story Fritz Lab extension. The library was discontinued in 2008.
Collection housed remotely. Users need to contact 24 hours in advance.
Collection is open for research.
Please inquire about copyright information.
1 box, .5 linear feet
Language of Materials
In 1955 Fritz Engineering Laboratory, originally built by John Fritz in 1909-1910, dedicated a new seven-story addition known as the new Fritz Laboratory. From that time on there was a systematic filing of research reports. Before this date the research reports in Fritz Laboratory were not designated systematically. This collection of manuscripts was produced or collected by faculty prior to 1955.
Arrangement of the Collection
Primarily arranged by format and within the format chronological and alphabetically.
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script