Papers of Prof. Albert William De Neufville, Lehigh University, Departments of Civil and Mechanical Engineering.
Scope and Contents
The collection contains Professor De Neufville's dissertation, various projects and reports researched for government agencies and industry, and papers prepared for presentation at profession al meetings. Mathematical problems and computer analyses in fluid mechanics, tensor analysis, vectors, versors, and airfoils developed from the early 1950s and through mid 1960s are also included. Class notes, problems, and quizzes for basic and advanced courses in general mechanics, hydrodynamics, and aerodynamics have been retained in Professor De Neufville's original binders.
- De Neufville, Albert, 1896-1981 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection housed remotely. Users need to contact 24 hours in advance.
Conditions Governing Use
Collection is open for research.
Biographical / Historical
Albert de Neufville (1896-1981) emigrated from Germany after World War II, and came to Lehigh University to teach and earn his Ph.D. in Civil Engineering, in 1952. De Neufville retired from the University as associate professor of mechanics in 1966.
8 Linear Feet (15 Boxes)
Language of Materials
Prof. Albert William De Neufville Papers contain documents related to the projects and reports for government agencies and industry; presentations at professional meetings, his dissertation and other writings pertaining mathematical problems and analyses in fluid mechanics, tensor analysis, vectors, versors and airfoils. There are also documents related to his teaching, such as class notes, problems and quizzes for basic and advanced courses in mechanics, hydrodynamics and aerodynamics at Lehigh University.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Mrs. Albert de Neufville 1988 gift.
- Civil engineers
- Computer analysis
- Fluid mechanics
- Lecture notes
- Lehigh University--Faculty
- Lehigh University. Department of Civil Engineering
- Lehigh University. Department of Mechanical Engineering and Mechanics
- Lehigh University. Dept. of Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Mathematical problems
- Mathematics -- Study and teaching
- Presentation papers
- Professors (Teachers)
- Vector analysis
- Papers of Prof. Albert William De Neufville, Lehigh University, Departments of Civil and Mechanical Engineering
- Special Collections Staff
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
Part of the Lehigh University Special Collections Repository
30 Library Drive
Bethlehem PA 18045 USA