Found in 38 Collections and/or Records:
This collection includes books, bound pamphlets and offprints, maps and drawings, letter books, ore samples, photographs, and manuscript material regarding the Birkinbine Engineering Company.
This collection contains the technical and professional documents of consulting engineer Blair Birdsall. Most of the collection are documents pertaining to the multitude of bridges he worked on, including the Golden Gate, Chesapeake Bay, and Brooklyn Bridges, as a consulting engineer or as a design engineer. The collection spans from 1900 to 2002 covering his entire career and also early Steinman Boynton Gronquist & Birdsall and John A. Roebling Sons Engineering companies.
Class and Reunion memorabilia, and civil engineering service photographs and a notebook (law study and research notes) of Carl Haydn Bechhoefer, Lehigh Class of 1910. Donated by grandnephew, Eric Young.
The manuscript, in Spanish, of a small book entitled “Curvas de Ferro Carril” (“Railroad Curves”) written by Mr. Haines between 1883 and 1899 while he was working in Mexico. The book was never published. Included is some correspondence from Mr. H. H. Filley about the tables to be used in the book.
This manuscript describes observations and comparisons of various waterways engineering structures in eastern United States and the Rhineland of Germany. Detailed notations are made about the structures on the Schuylkill Navigation system above Reading, PA and the Louisville – Portland Canal system.
A historical description of Lehigh University’s campus and its relationship to Bethlehem through surveying notes made by the civil engineering students from Sophomore Classes in the 1880s as recorded in this field notebook. The Surveying classes were under the instruction of Professor Charles L. Doolittle, father of poetess Hilda Doolittle. Some of the student notations were made by H. H. McClintic and C. D. Marshall, who would later form the company that built the Panama Canal gates.
28 black & white photographs documenting the destruction of the old one and construction of the new bridge over 9th Street in Chester, Pennsylvania, in 1925 to 1926.