Northampton County (Pa.)
Found in 8 Collections and/or Records:
A nineteenth century ledger contains example of calligraphy and extensive examples of arithmetic calculations in preparation for various trades such as carpentry, mercantile, roofing and masonry by Andrew Jackson Odenwelder of East Allen Township, Northampton County, Pennsylvania.
Materials on Bethlehem Steel (including ephemera, catalogs, technical reports and drawings), Lehigh University (brochures, reports, Alumni Association publications); publications on manufacturing of steel and steel products, Pennsylvania and Lehigh Valley municipal maps compiled by Charles R. Nippert, Lehigh Class of 1947, a mechanical engineer at Bethlehem Steel Corporation.
This small collection contains documents related to the establishment of homeopathic medicine in America. The first homeopathic medical school was founded in Bath, Pennsylvania in 1828 and later built in 1834 in Allentown, Pennsylvania rather than the famous Hahnemann Homeopathic College in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1848.
A 19th-century merchant's general store daybook featuring the pattern of commerce in the years 1827-1844 for an entrepreneur who was a carpenter, blacksmith, tradesman also became a judge of elections. Many names of customers in the ledger are family names that are still prominent in the Carbon and Northampton Counties of Pennsylvania.
An American colonial era Patent (property record) from the Penn Family granting mineral, hunting and fishing rights on their land.
This collection documents the life and accomplishments of the Honorable William Gregory Barthold (1897-1969): Northampton County Judge, Pennsylvania State Senator, and Lehigh University Class of 1918. Material includes newspaper excerpts from local area publications, certifications and awards, personal correspondence, political advertisements and endorsements, and photographs.